Rec Center Summer Camps
Postponed to 2021
After careful consideration and the current Dallas County report of record high COVID-19 daily numbers, Dallas Park and Recreation Department has determined it is in the best and safest interest of participants and staff to cancel the following programs this summer season:
• Aquatics (does not include spraygrounds)
• 13-Recreation Summer Camps
• 10-Roving Recreation Camps (park site programming)
• 12-Outdoor Adventures (program designed to introduce youth and families to kayaking, photography, geocaching and mountain biking)
Rec. Center Summer Camps - $50 per week
Dallas Park and Recreation will be offering 6 weeks of recreation center summer camp. Camps will begin Monday,
July 6th TBD and end on Friday, August 14th. Camps will begin at 9am and will conclude at 4pm each day. We will not be offering extended care this year. You will need to make arrangements to ensure youth are not dropped off any earlier than 9am and will be picked up by 4pm.
Youth Locations - Ages *5yrs - 12yrs (*5yrs as of 9/1/19)
- Exline Recreation Center
- Fretz Recreation Center
- Harry Stone Recreation Center
- Jaycee Zaragoza Recreation Center
- KB Polk Recreation Center
- Kidd Springs Recreation Center
- Kleberg Rylie Recreation Center
- Lake Highlands Recreation Center
- Marcus Recreation Center
- Park in the Woods Recreation Center
Teen Locations - Ages 13yrs - 17yrs
Recreation Center summer camps will have limited spaces (24) available so all spots will be randomly selected on site. In order to limit exposure and risks related to Covid-19, summer camp registration will conclude once designated slots are filled or on June 26th; whichever occurs first. If registering after Saturday, June 20th, please call your preferred recreation center to check availability and to schedule an appointment to complete the registration process. Lottery registration details are outlined below:
- Summer Camp registration will be at the camp sites on Saturday June 20th.
- Spots will be reserved for Dallas residents only. Please bring proof of Dallas residency (mortgage statement, lease agreement or utility bill, ie. electric / gas / water / cable; dated within the last 60 day)
- Registration will be held in the parking lot of the camp site.
- Everyone will remain in their car.
- Each car will receive an information slip which will be collected by staff and entered into the lottery pool.
- Information forms will be collected by staff between 8am - 9:30am. It is not necessary to arrive earlier than 8am as the drawing is randomly selected and being early will not provide an advantage).
- Lottery drawing will take place at 9:45am on June 20th in the parking lot. You must be present at the time of the drawing (9:45am) to claim your spot(s).
- Proof of guardianship will be required at the time of registration. Parent/Guardian must be present at registration. (ie. Birth Certificate, Court Order, Notarized letter of Summer Care)
- As the names/numbers are drawn from the lottery pool, staff will call the phone number provided on the information slip and ask one individual to come inside to complete paperwork and provide payment.
- Selected participants are asked to enroll in all 6 weeks of camp (weekly payments are permitted).
Your child will be engaged in a structured and safe environment that provides a variety of physical and educational activities. Activities include arts and craft classes, sports clinics, fitness sessions, cultural and enrichment classes, games, and much more.
Our camps provide opportunities for children to disconnect from technology and become more physically active. Campers experience success and become more confident by participating in team and individual activities and develop a life skill and interest in something they had little to no experience in. In addition, our campers become more independent by learning to do things on their own all while improving their social skills and making lasting friendships.