Calling all Techies!!!
If you have an interest in:
Music Production / Editing
Video & Movie Production / Editing
any other technology field we need your expertise!
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who enjoy working with Teens and are passionate about technology! Volunteers at the Teen Tech Center, often referred to as Mentors, join a unique community of young people and adults who create, invent, and explore together using the latest in technology. Teen Tech Mentors vary in age, background, interests and skills. Typically Mentors are university students, artists, educators, graphic designers, software developers, architects, or community members.
What do mentors do?
• Mentors help youth express themselves through technology
• Mentors support Members as they connect their interests with the computer technology skills they need to express those interests
• Mentors focus on developing relationships
• Successful Mentors understand the importance of establishing relationships based on respect and trust
• Mentors are mutual learners
• Mentors sometimes lead, but they often follow, as they know it’s empowering for young people to teach others
Ways to become involved as a Teen Tech Mentor
• Assisting Members on a regular basis (weekly/bi-weekly) with a specific project or activity
• Contributing to the Clubhouse-to-College/Clubhouse-to-Career (C2C) Program
• Recruiting other Mentors
• Helping with technical systems maintenance
• Offering a workshop
• Developing themes for group projects and creating new project ideas
Be sure to list the Teen Tech Center as your “Worksite”
Email your completed form to the volunteer coordinator: Email Betty
All volunteers will go through an interview process with the Teen Tech Coordinator. Volunteers will also undergo a local & national background screening as well as reference checks. Volunteers who refuse permission to conduct these checks will not be accepted for placement.
Teen Tech Center @ JJ Craft Recreation Center
4500 Spring Avenue
Dallas, TX 75210