Dog Park Rules
Off-Leash Site Rules & Regulations
These rules and regulations apply to all dog park sites:
- No person may bring into an off-leash area site:
- A known dangerous or aggressive dog
- A female dog in heat
- More than three dogs at one time
- Any person who brings a dog into an off-leash site shall:
- Keep the dog under visual and voice control at all times while in the off-leash site.
- Remove the dog from the off-leash site at the first sign of aggression.
- Food or treats (dog or human) are not permitted.
- Glass bottles are not permitted.
- Owners must remove any pinch, prong or spiked collars before entering the fenced area.
- Fill any hole that the dog digs in the off-leash site.
- Any person who brings a child under 12 years of age into an off-leash site shall keep the child under strict supervision.
- Parents/guardians are strongly discouraged from bringing children under 12 years of age into the off-leash site.
- Use of an off-leash site by any dog constitutes:
- Implied consent of the owner, harborer, or person having care, custody or control of the dog to comply with all conditions and regulations stated in this section or promulgated by the park board and posted at the off-leash site
- A waiver of liability to the City by the owner, harborer, or person having care, custody or control of the dog, and an agreement and undertaking to protect, indemnify, defend and hold the city harmless, for any injury or damage caused by the dog during any time that the dog is in the off-leash site. (Dallas City Ordinance #24482)
Any person who brings a dog into an off-leash site shall:
- Lead the dog on a leash and retain the dog in custody when entering and exiting an off leash site in compliance with the Dallas City Code Section 32-6 and 7.29-A. Once inside the designated off leash site, the dog shall be removed from it’s leash and allowed to run free.
- No person may bring into an off-leash area site a dog that is not wearing tags showing that it is currently vaccinated for rabies in compliance with Chapter 826 of the Texas Health and Safety Code, Section 826.021, and with Chapter Seven of the Dallas City Code. If the owner, harborer or person having care, custody or control of the dog is a resident of the City of Dallas, the dog must also be registered in compliance with Chapter Seven of the Dallas City Code.
- Dispose of all excreta deposited by the dog in the receptacles provided in the off-leash site, in compliance with Section 7-21.2 of the Dallas City Code.
- No person may bring an animal to the off leash dog park that has not been spayed or neutered in compliance with Section 7-4.10 of the Dallas City Code.
- Any instance of a bite or scratch to a person must be reported to Dallas Animal Control in accordance with Texas State Law, Chapter 826.021, THSC.
- If a person commits an offense by failing to comply with any rule and/or regulation, it is punishable by a fine of up to $2000.
No fundraisers can be conducted on park property without the prior approval of the Park and Recreation Department.
Approval may be obtained by contacting the Park and Recreation Department Reservation Office at 214-670-8239, and must be submitted a minimum of 60 days prior to the event.