The Dallas Park and Recreation Department takes pride in offering summer camp opportunities to youth in our communities, and although this summer may look and feel different, our passion for serving our communities hasn't changed!
Our summer program offerings will consist of limited Recreation Center camps, Outdoor Adventures programs, Roving Recreation sites, and our Rec@Home virtual programming.
With the recent rise of Covid 19 cases, Dallas Park and Recreation Department is postponing its traditional summer camps, Roving Recreation, and Outdoors Adventure programs until July 20. Our priority is the safety of participants and staff. As July 20 approaches, we will re-evaluate plans to offer indoor/outdoor recreation programs based on the number of new Covid 19 cases. We urge everyone to continue practicing social distancing and other safety guidelines recommended by public health officials.
The Dallas Park and Recreation Department takes the safety of our patrons and staff seriously. In an effort to reduce the community spread of COVID19, the following measures have been implemented:
- The program facility / equipment will be scheduled for deep cleaning every night Monday-Friday by staff at the end of each day.
- Areas of regular use and high touch surfaces will be wiped down every two hours during the program utilizing appropriate disinfecting products.
- Staff will be provided and required to wear face coverings at all times.
- The facility would receive and dismiss children at the main entrance, not allowing parents or any other members of the public further access into the building.
- Staff and patrons will have their temperature taken and recorded upon entry of the facility
- Hand Sanitizer will be placed at the entry and everyone will be encouraged to use it when entering the facility.
- Groups will not have any intentional contact with each other (assemblies, larger group games, etc.)
- Common spaces – gym, restrooms and multipurpose rooms would be wiped down in between each group’s use.
- Patrons and staff would be encouraged and reminded to use all best practices concerning illness transmission – covering coughs, no touching face, regular handwashing, and maintaining social distancing.
- High contact games or activities will not be conducted.
- All shared equipment will be wiped down in between users.
- Anyone (staff or participant) showing signs or symptoms of illness would be immediately removed from the program.