Why go anywhere else but Fair Park for nonstop thrills!
Did you know that at Fair Park, kids can run through the fountains on July 1?
That you might be besieged by folks with spokes in early July?
Or that you can go all out for Fall Out Boy on June 19?
Well, get set for the most star-studded, coolest, tastiest summer yet at Fair Park. “This year, we’ve pulled out all the stops to keep the good times rolling,” says Steven Flores, Sales and Event Manager for the park. “Every day is a thrill because anything can happen here. You won’t find more celebrations, museums or concerts.”
- Dallas Booms on July 1 is pure stars & stripes magic, with a brand new fireworks show, produced by the same company that puts on Addison’s renowned Kaboom Town. Bring your beach or lounge chairs and watch the spectacle, while the Dallas Symphony Orchestra plays Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture and other rousing songs in the Court of Honor near the Hall of State. All museums will be free (except for paid exhibits) and you can fill up on corny dogs, funnel cakes, candy apples and other Midway favorites.
- Ready to get Warped or Rushed? Smirnoff Music Centre has something for fans of every genre. No doubt you’ll want to dance along to Goo Goo Dolls, hook up and hang out with Toby Keith and rock it to Dave Matthews. Other acts include the Warped Tour, Stevie Nicks, The Fray, Rush and Ozzfest.
- Hold onto your handlebars as the Matrix Bike Race flies through Fair Park July 7 and 8. Riders of all skill levels and ages will race from the Court of Honor, past the Embarcadero and Food and Fiber Building on the way to the finish at Big Tex Circle.
- Get a hola lot of enjoyment out of the KNON Latin Energy Festival on June 3, featuring Reggaeton, Bachata, Tejano and more music styles from bands galore. Visit KNON's web site for more details. Expo Mexico on July 7 at the Automobile Building boasts all sorts of Mexican-made finds including crafts, jewelry and clothing.
- Linger on Leonhardt Lagoon in one of Fair Park’s signature Swan Boats. Kids can’t get enough of them!
- Catch these Dallas Summer Musicals: Camelot with Michael York, Monty Python’s Spamalot, Chicago and Sweet Charity.
- Travel through ancient times at the Ancient Treasures of the Holy Land exhibit through July 28 at the Embarcadero Building (see full article also in this newsletter). Glassware, coins, clothing and other exceptionally preserved relics date back as far as 4,000 years.
That’s just for starters this summer at Fair Park, according to Mr. Flores. “All our museums, picnics and many more attractions are just waiting to be enjoyed and explored. You can visit Fair Park's website to learn the latest and check the calendar. Who knows what you’ll discover next!”